We made it through day four of Whole 30!
We’ve made it through our first couple of days! Hello, Day Four! Successfully eating from the Whole30 plan for three days is worthy of celebration in my book! Congratulate each other! Cheer each other on! We’re in this as a team, and with the support of each other, we can do this!
This week will be the most difficult. Cravings, irritations, and – the hardest part for me – making Whole30 a part of my regular routine lie ahead. Three days… I can do anything for three days! But, during the middle of the work-week… that’s where my real struggle will be. In our house, Monday through Friday is a blur, consisting of early mornings, getting three little girls dressed and to school on time, picking them up on time, homework, playtime, quick meals, and early bedtimes. No matter how hard I try, there are always variables. Sick kids, late meetings, and hundreds of other things can throw my well-intended plans right out the window.
Planning for the unexpected is how I’m going to succeed for the next 26 days. I know your lives are just as busy, so I want to share a few things I’m going to be doing to help me succeed even on the most unpredictable days.
- I missed a meal! Keep Whole30 approved snacks on hand at all times to keep you from rushing to the junk food. Galactic Trail Mix and Pederson’s No Sugar Fully Cooked Bacon (these will be available on The Simple Grocer soon!) are great to throw in your purse or keep in the car! I’m also going to keep some SeaSnax around for a lighter snack.
- I need a boost! I’m making Protein Power Balls to give me the boost I need in the mornings or after a workout!
- I’m out of time! I’ll be pre-making meals for days like this! I’ve found some great inspiration for Emergency Meals here.
- I can’t eat travel snacks! Stay away from traditional airport and gas station snacks! Pack your own snacks with healthier options! Fresh fruits and veggies, raw nuts, almond butter, Larabars, and some Fully Cooked Pederson’s No Sugar Bacon are all easy to pack and will save you from the travel snack binge.
Don’t worry – you aren’t the only one craving your former food today. My coffee just isn’t the same without cream and sugar, but it got so much better when I found Nutpods. A total game changer for me!
Just remember to power through! Let’s keep each other accountable! Ask how someone is doing. Make plans to do something together at lunch. You’ll be a whole lot less tempted with friends by your side!
We can do this! #grablifebythebacon
– Stacy Dudley, The Paleo Cowgirl